"We love because it's the only true adventure."

- Nikki Giovanni


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Jim and Elisabeth

I never realized it before now but, bubble baths put in me in such  a good mood! Love em'!

The night before last I was prompted by Betty to take a soak in the tub and it was just as therapeutic as ever! I put Sara Groves on the ipod singing "It's gonna be all right" and got Shadow of the Almighty and slid right down beneath a blanket of warm, glittering bubbles. Jim and Elisabeth really helped put me in a good mood. This is what I ended up underlining from Jim's letters today:

" 'And the  work of righteousness shall be peace, and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance forever.' 'In quietness and in confidence shall be your strength.' I think the devil has made it his business to monopolize on three elements: noise, hurry, crowds. If he can keep us hearing radios, gossip, conversation, or even sermons, he is happy. But he will no allow quietness. For he believes Isaiah where we do not. Satan is quite aware of the power of silence. The voice of God, though persistent, is soft..." (pg 85, Elliot)

"And yet, with the covers tight around my neck last night in the dark, I felt as close to the Savior as I have ever been, holding quiet communion. I think these are signs of the birth of that second faith- expressed by Spurgeon in the now familiar phrase, 'Little faith will bring the soul to heaven, but much faith will bring heaven to the soul.'" (pg 83, Elliot)

God spoke gently to my heart through these words. I can tell you of two instances so far this year where God has spoken softly to my heart and I have heard His soft, persistent voice. It has truly given me confidence in my decision making. I do feel strengthened, and reassured. It's actually sinking in what "Wait for the Lord" means. There is a whole lot I don't understand or haven't fully grasped in the action of waiting for the Lord... but I have been shown that it takes more than just a day of waiting.(duh! i know, i'm a little thick headed) However, waiting is a hard thing, so even though  I may not be super busy, the business of waiting on the Lord is challenging.. and, I'm discovering, very fulfilling.


Another good remedy for a long day is Norah Jones + Dove Dark Chocolate + Bubbles =  Happy Camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment