"We love because it's the only true adventure."

- Nikki Giovanni


Thursday, February 3, 2011

668: Everybody deserves a birthday cake.

THE COMPLETE - Life's Little Instruction Book by H. Jackson Brown, Jr. was sitting on my shelf and I randomly happened to open it up yesterday.
These were the instructions for my life:

#661. Never buy anything electrical at a flea market.  OK good to know.
#664. Learn the bake bread. Yea, I should, I love bread.
#666. Stand when shaking someone's hand. That is very polite and old fashioned and I like that. My mother already thought me that though Mr. Brown Jr.
#667. Be an original. If that means being a little eccentric, so be it. Amen! I so enjoy meeting original individuals.
#668. Everybody deserve a birthday cake. Never celebrate a birthday without one. Oooh more baking!Yay
#669. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values. I agree with that. But change only really concerning what God has for me. Other change.. superficially not so much...you know, not transplants or tatts or huge botox lips.

Then I just flipped to the 500's:

#512. Believe in love at first sight.  Aww that's sweet.But, I don't think I will. Someone needs to speak to me, in order to confirm the love i think i see at first sight. ha.But! That is cute to believe in.
#513. Never laugh at anyone's dreams. So, on one hand that's a very good thing not do, but on the other hand... literal sleeping dreams, at least mine, are hilarious! So that only partly applicable.
#514. Overpay good babysitters. AMEN
#516. Accept a breath mint if someone offers you one. Ooh, that's embarrassing. ha!
#517. When you feel terrific, notify your face. I have that problem sometimes...but smiling is my favorite!:)

SO then I turned to the 300's:

#360. Never eat the last cookie. Hmmm...Don't know if I support that 100%.
#363. Don't flush urinals with your hand- use your elbow. Well! that has never been something I've had to ponder about..ever. But thanks Jackson Brown Jr. I will store that for later. ha


Well I feel very informed now...There is 1,560 instructions so I've got a ways to go.


Warm original glaze doughnuts-nothing's better!
This past weekend Betty and I had an adventure...down to Winston! woo! We had to make our pit stops at Starbucks and Krispy Kreme. YUM
Hot, Fresh, Now!


Yes  - we got a dozen.


I also go my hair cut. I love it. It is short though.
I chopped my hair off!


Currently I am working on a three different art projects. Love love love. And I got an Impressionism art book for Christmas so I am reading through that. Gustave Courbet said something that hit home: "Beauty exists in nature and is encountered in the most varied of forms. As soon as one becomes aware of it, it belongs to art, or rather the artist who is capable of recognizing it." That is the ultimate challenge for me when I do art. To capture beauty is my goal.

This is an ink picture I did for a black and white-foreground/background-contrast assignment, in 2D design. It was the first time I tried ink washes. It was hard, but I managed to produce this at midnight the night before my critic. Yea-ah! It is one of my favorites from that class.

Well....Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are my favorite :)

Libby said...

I love your blog and your art work is AMAZING!

Post a Comment