Oh my ordinary life…
This is a phrase I just blurted a few days ago. Off-handedly, talking to Jamie, I continued to ramble about activities for the next evening, or something, but “ordinary” stuck in my brain.
I didn’t like it. I don’t like it! It’s not a repulsion to the routines of my life, just to the word: ordinary. I am totally un-interested in being ordinary. I’m not, I know that for sure. But even though I am living a simple existence right now doesn’t warrant it ordinary.
Well, I feel better! haha I think I needed to write this out for clarity,you know, for myself. I don’t have gatherings and dinner parties and roommates and homework or major weekend plans through the middle of July. Nope, I am enjoying my peaceful mornings, my coffee shop afternoons doing a bit of work for Sam, and my simplistic dinners along with an occasional movies to wrap it all up. Good thing Jamie lives 1.25 minutes away! That is fun, esp since she’s on a cooking kick because it gives me a reason to spend the evening talking, and eating pie!(see A-OK, Brazilian or American?)
Well, I feel better! haha I think I needed to write this out for clarity,you know, for myself. I don’t have gatherings and dinner parties and roommates and homework or major weekend plans through the middle of July. Nope, I am enjoying my peaceful mornings, my coffee shop afternoons doing a bit of work for Sam, and my simplistic dinners along with an occasional movies to wrap it all up. Good thing Jamie lives 1.25 minutes away! That is fun, esp since she’s on a cooking kick because it gives me a reason to spend the evening talking, and eating pie!(see A-OK, Brazilian or American?)
I am surprisingly content. To God be the glory! I have ceased fretting and stressing over preparing for the future. God, I have finally been able to trust you and leave Monsieur Worry in the dust! There is something about leaving my mind completely open, my week completely open, my month, and my year free from my over analytical, for-the-sake-of-feeling-secure plans. I know that glorify my savoir at this point in my walk with Him is to: enable Him to move drastically, at the last minute, and place me somewhere, anywhere! with perfect timing. It is so liberating! I am supremely content to leave it to Jesus. It took a LONG time for me to get here though. Whew lordy, I held on with all my might and worked so hard to provide myself, and inquisitive others, a plan for where I’m heading. But, my spiritual upper arms got weak and couldn’t support my weight. Once God finally pried my fingers, one by one, from the ledge and I fell… the landing was soft. Surprisingly that free fall provides more security than muscling through everything on my own. You know why? It’s because I fall into the arms of Jesus.
Amen.. and Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment