"We love because it's the only true adventure."

- Nikki Giovanni


Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mother's day Momma.

I miss you. So I'm going to write you what I would want  to say to you if I could be right beside you today.
You inspire me. You push me. You make me pursue confidence in Christ.  I continually tell stories of how you took Elizabeth and I all over the nation. You took us on adventures all the time! I am so thankful for that now. I know at the time I was always a little scared. I was insecure sometimes and didn't appreciate what you were giving me, but I am so thankful. I am so grateful for your prayers. Your powerful prayers. I am so grateful for your passion for learning. It rubbed off on me, a little. I remember the first fall ball you let us go to. You were sick but you made Dad take us anyway. You took us to get our hair done and I felt so pretty. You made me feel beautiful when I stepped out of my room, in my light purple dress, and walked up to the side of your bed. You gave the world to me, and now you're with Jesus. What a wonderful place to be! I am so happy for you now. I haven't always been. I have been jealous and mad Jesus for taking you to the foot of His throne. That was selfish, and now all I wish for my life is to be as close to Jesus as possible. You beat me to it. I am glad you are right there with the lover of your soul! I miss you. I love you. I still really love you.

xoxo,
Kathryn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. That was awesome and really sweet. I'm sure that your mom is so proud of you. Love you!

Post a Comment