11/29/06
" (my crush) called me tonight. Here is a complete documentary of what all happened:
Around 6:45, he called our cell phone. I had rushed up the stairs to find the phone. So when I answered I was breathing hard but trying to cover it and I was frantically excited which made me even more breathy. But he asked if we were going to the football game Friday night. And we are. How ever, someone else was calling him so he had to hang up. He called me back at Betty's around 7:30ish.
We started a conversation about (ski slopes) sugar and app slopes and when the home school days were. But yet another person was calling so the little dingo hung up again. Around 8 he called back and we talked for, like 1 hour and 18mins. You know at first I was kidding him about how popular and famous he was. And so now we have an on going joke about his busy social calendar, and getting an autograph with his special pen etc.
He's funny, but I like talking to him better in person. Anyway we finished with that and went onto g-mail and google and yahoo stuff. He invited us to get g-mail... Then he went on to fast cars, and thanksgiving, and fast cars, and CAP,and fast cars, and work, ebay and fast cars until his brother kicked him off the computer. Thank Goodness.
Then we moved onto movies. He likes action and comedy. His favs are Batman Begins, Lord of the Rings, King Kong etc. Of course I said I like chick flicks and my favorite movie was Princess Bride. But he said he like that one and that a few chick flicks were good. We proceeded onto school and Saxon math. And he's the best at math than any other subject. But he's still not super good. And we both want to ride in really fast cars before we die. He wants to fly a bomber plane. I want to ride a motorcycle before I die and he wants to get one and get his license. He also wants to go to Arizona where there are no speed limits and drive like crazy. I said I'd like to go to the Auto bon in Germany one day - he agreed he'd like to go there too.
All in all, I really wanted to talk about something else more interesting, but I reckin' he was so nervous that was all he could do. Poor kid :) I hope he gets to come to the football game Friday night. That would be fun. But anyway, I wonder if he wishes he could have talked about so many other things, I wonder if he likes me. Right now I really don't care about him, other than keeping our friendship. I know we need to grow up, mature more, deepen our relationship with God much more, before I consider getting my heart involved. The only thing is.... it already is....
-Kathryn"
haha! That kid went on to break my heart. Did you like that ending by the way? Geeze I was cheese-i-licious! Read "Do you want to keep dancing?" for the complete tale of the quick end to our friendship/crush.
Those were the days, though, when Eliza and I shared a cell phone, we stayed with Betty a lot, and she would give me free reign of her house phone. Whew boy, and Dad never knew. But I told him today, and we laughed, a little, he mostly just shook his head. :)
-K.G.
1 comment:
I LOVE IT! : ) (and you!) I remember your letters in middle school about what you wanted your life to look like when you were older... you wanted to marry someone local, live on a farm, have lots of kids, and homeschool all of them. :) Now, you are brillant, beautiful, and hopefully heading across the world on a great adventure! What an amazing young woman you have become! BTW- I have a place for us to stay near San Antonio when you come to visit. Awesome! I can take you girls tubing and to the Riverwalk in San Antonio. Two of my most favoritest places in Texas!
Post a Comment