"We love because it's the only true adventure."

- Nikki Giovanni


Sunday, May 22, 2011

Opal May Banner

Hey Grandma,

You're with Jesus now, WOO! And you're with Momma too.
I've been on a blogging kick lately Granma so I'm writing this one to you.

You've been a beautiful shining example of a godly woman, mother and grandmother. So kind, so sweet. The Lord inspired me to paint a picture for you. I wish I had been able to finish it while you were still here so I could've explained it to you. But I'll finish it in light of your legacy and pray that many people will be touched by your life.

 It's a little silly but I was listening to a new artist I was recently introduced to and I thought of you during his song "The ball game." You definitely didn't waste any time, in my opinion. Andrew Osenga sings  about not wasting any time, and of course it was applicable to you.
The Ball Game, Andrew Osenga

 Grandma, you gave everything you possibly could to your family, esp  your grandkids. I loved spending the night with you. Watching Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune habitually every time at 7pm. I learned to love how you would fall asleep while you  read me a bed time story. I would lay there and watch your blinking get heavier and heavier, and your reading get slower and slower. Then I'd nudge you and you'd sit right up and laugh at yourself. You always made me put vicks vapor rub on my chest when I had a cough too. I never like that. haha. And you always let me play with your lipstick! That was so fun:)

And we can't forget your beautiful flowers, and bountiful garden. Or the chickens! Oh, the famous Henrietta! She was so cute as a chick, but even cuter when she'd follow you around the yard and garden. I never quite understood why you sold her to those Mexicans... haha I always prayed they didn't eat her.

I loved how you'd always save a biscuit for Keilo. Our fat puppy dog LOVED you for that:)

Oh dear sweet Grandmother, there's much more to share and say. You are an inspiration to me. Tanner, Eliza and I are so blessed by your spoiling and generosity to us as kids. Bless you precious lady. I'm so glad you're with your beloved maker. I'll be seeing you soon then!

xoxo,
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment