It is unbelievable to me that God, as Sam said, gave the Stephens and Cherokee Cove the biggest hug this week ever.
Those guys will never fully know what they have done for that family, and their ministry. I wish they'd come back next year, but the beautiful thing is they will keep moving on according to God's calling. It like the native tribe warrior in the movie "The Four Feathers" where he adopts Heath Ledger because God told him to. And for about a year, I guess, he follows, protects, and befriends Ledger until he knows it's time to move on. (I know that a really random movie, but I just bought it from a thrift store and it was pretty intense! and the black man is a beast! and Heath would've died if not for him. but the title is lame-o, to me)
Anyway, those men came along side Cherokee Cove and totally transformed little things, and big things like the conference center foundation! They picked us up and built us back up, brushed us off and now they're off to more brothers and sisters in need.
It was so fun talking to them too. A lot of them have been going on these trips for years and they are so apparently filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit because they happily work on anything you put before them.
They are SO funny, but you can also see the love for Jesus, and God's people in them. It's beautiful to me.
One point in time sticks out to me. I was about to make the rounds with the camera to all the job sites with Sam when she ran back inside to get something. As I was waiting I heard someone yell "three thirty!" (i think that's what said) Immediately everyone stopped what they were doing, knelt down and started praying. It was overwhelming. I think they do that once or twice a day. And I agree with Sam, because they do that, and because they honor and glorify the Lord in all they do, He blesses them. I mean blesses them abundantly! It brought tears to my eyes. What group of men does that? I was moved.
![]() |
| Here are the carpenters praying before a meal. |
It was pretty different having the camp full of men (a lot of men) instead of the scraping booking retreats. Having those ladies groups three weekends in a row is fine! But it's a lot of women chattering away. Total opposite end of the spectrum when this group pulled in ha!
I got Eliza to come out with me too which was SO fun. She would bring me ginger snaps while I worked in the office, read me quotes out of the "Fit to be tied" book on marriage HAHA, and make fun of my awesome dancing, singing and card playing skillz. She's the bomb (dot com!) and i love her.
![]() |
| There's Eliza sneaking us some fresh strawberries from Mo, Bud, and Bob. |
I also got a gift from Carlos who is from Mexico. He was the crew leader for the rock work projects. He gave me his heavy duty, 10 lbs, professional carpenter man, humongous flash light! haha! Its amazing! I can even charge in the cigarette lighter in my car! I'll definitely be leading more night hikes from now on :) It was so sweet, and hilarious. It's staying in my car, right beside my hammock, as an essential item to travel with at all times. I'm thinking about renting it out. :) not really. But it's great!
![]() |
| There's Carlos, and there's the flashlight! :) |
PS: favorite quote of my week: "I told some of these young bucks they better bag them up a doe!"
BAHA
![]() |
| Libby and Eliza gave out speeding tickets. |
![]() |
| Here's a new johnny house! |





2 comments:
GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME, ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD!!! y'all blessed us as well! it was awesome coming there last week and watching what God does with 100+ men who love him and glorify him!!! it was awesome to meet everyone there, you, your sister, Stu, Sam, Hunter, John, Libby, Nat, Hayden, Trever, Ben, Josh, Zac...I know i forgot some but there were so many. Thank y'all for everything, and cant wait to see everyone again!
-Mo (p.s. i hope the strawberries were good!)
Amen Mo! and good job naming everyone-right on!:) you should definitely come visit soon - and we'll cook for you this time.
Post a Comment