"We love because it's the only true adventure."

- Nikki Giovanni


Monday, August 29, 2011

So Stoked

         Does any one else notice that it is quickly approaching September which = beautiful leaves, warm sweaters, and the birth of new routines? New routines at least for students, and young adults embarking on jobs searches and like me, new adventures. I fall into thinking that time stands still and the happiness of summer and long, sun-filled days will last eternally. Maybe in heaven! But not right now. Not in Boone, not at Cherokee Cove, not even at the loving homes of close friends. Love is eternal, but not the earthly evenings. My bond with these friends and families is lovely. Christ unites us ultimately, and nothing  can separate our fellowship except short periods of time. In the end my Christian friends and family will always be with me, praising God for eternity side by side. YAY! This prospect fills me with joy and allows long distances and life times apart seem bearable. This reality though, that has begun to sink in, is also driving me to reach out and share more freely my faith, because I want all those  in my sphere of influence to fellowship with the Lord forever and ever and ever. Hence my YWAM commitment for 5 months.

        My new routine starts September 28th when I fly from Charlotte to LA, LA to Auckland, and Auckland to Christ Church, New Zealand. Although, I'm thinking my life won't really have routine until March 2012. From testimonies of other people who have been in YWAM and the mere nature of my outreach of backpacking through NZ, nothing will be too usual, too routine. The question arises in my mind then, because my Outreach will be primarily lead by the Holy Spirit to the right towns and peaks, trails and paths to where his children need encouraging and the lost need to be found, routine seems to hinder the leading of the 'divine appointments' if you will. Certain times in life, certain circumstance, require routine so that financial security is insured, and good stewardship of the Lord's provision is accomplished. However, I am excited the next adventure is not scheduled out, and that perhaps the next several years of my life won't be predictable. I don't see anything negative with either life style, except the smashing of the Holy Spirits prompts and the dulling of spiritual sensitivity by getting in a comfortable groove.

Those are just my musings, and I pray that I will remain steadfast in the word and tuned into the nudges of the Holy Spirit. I'm getting nervous though! Traveling so far away! Being all alone! New people, places, cultures WAH! Jesus is with me. I will not freak out! In fact, I will  channel the nervous excitement into positive self talk and memorizing scripture so that my mind doesn't get carried away with falsehoods and lies. AHH. I am so stoked. PRAY with me.

1 comment:

Zak Barton said...

Kathryn! Im so excited for you! I hope your adventure goes amazing!! And know that lots of people are praying for you especially the Bartons! We love you.

Post a Comment