The past few months I have accumulated quite a collection of memorable moments. My sister in law told me they could make a hit sit com show of my weekly/daily comical encounters.
Let's see, oh there's a very memorable day at Cherokee Cove that will just make me miss that place even more once I leave.
Libby had rescued a baby skunk. It was so tiny! So cute... it's name was flower... I actually blogged about him (refer to Mr. Flower.) So, the day we had him in the office, we had made a little box with warm wash clothes and put him under a light. Later, we figured out that the light was use-less because it was an energy efficient bulb that doesn't give off any heat ha! Sam and Libby went to Boone for some errands, and to get some baby skunk food. We were going to start him on Pedi-life or something, it has a lot of electrolytes. During the course of the morning he started squeaking! It was pitiful and my heart melted. I was trying to make him even more comfortable when all of a sudden the cry goes through the conference center that The Kitchen Health Inspector arrived! Panic! Everyone knows to get out of the kitchen and let the experienced adults take over the last minuet tweaks to ensure a passing grade. Oh sheesh, Stu yells up to me to get some files from last year, some official documents and to sit in on the review meeting and I flipped out (in my mind.) I had a squeaking baby skunk, which by the way is highly unsanitary, in the office so I hid him behind some filing cabinets and prayed he would wiggle free of his box and squeak up a storm. Stu didn't even realize that Mr.Flower was upstairs, and that was better for all of us. Once the Lady left I discussed with Dwayne the chances the poor thing had to live...and Stu immediately interjected and made it a for sure negative possibility that baby skunk would live to see the next days' sunshine. Once Sam got back we tried feeding it... but ultimately I sat back and laughed really hard because of course the day the Health Lady decides to show up I have to smuggle around a precious baby skunk to insure the Lady knows Cherokee Cove really is a sanitary camp. ha!
Hmm, another good story would be the end of the summer dinner reunion with my homeschooling friends.
Ok! So first off, I'm getting dressed talking to Sarah and Jamie... get all the pieces of my ensemble worked out and then go to put on my one pair of comfortable pumps that I actually look natural walking in. I realize then, that in the darkness of my closet I grabbed my left foot pump, and then one of my sisters left foot black pumps too. Awesome, I go running out the door, zoom back home with one shoe on one shoe off. That problem solved, we go to Psseghettis for dinner. I was starving so when my plate of pasta in herbs and olive oil came I dug in. Naturally, with spaghetti... you slurp up the noodles. I slurped and slurped away. I confess I was a little frustrated with the fact that most of my friends were dating beautiful, wonderful people and I was kind of jealous. I really just wanted to be claimed by someone, and to have someone pay for my meal happily, and to just be his. Hence the aggravated slurping. I go to the bathroom and look in the mirror, and YES there are oil stains from my slurping and the noodles splashing the oil onto to new top. For the love! Whatever. I mopped for a minuet and joined the rest of the group. Once we left we decided to meet back up at Crave. We got there early, and they were setting up for some DJ. It was really quiet and a weird atmosphere since there were hardly any people there. Since they had some special DJ they were marking everyone under 21with and X on their hand. No biggy, I dont really care that everyone knows I can't legally drink, I've made it this long, I'll make it another night. Well.... Jamie and I sat at a booth and discussed life and fashion and personal tastes and Justin and Jackson joined us and I was relaxed so I was lounging, resting my face on my hands, sitting comfortably. Ok, well we decided to cosmic bowling because Crave was a flop at that point. We get in the brightly lighted bowling ally and Jamie says - what is that on your face?! Ummm what? We figured out I had rested my cheek on the permanate marker X and it had imprinted on my face! Oh sheesh! Nothing ever goes quite like expected haha. Again, I'm not purposefully trying to blunder everything...its just natural. haha
Now, let me tell you about my night the other night. As Jamie as my witness, I don't typically try to terrorize pedestrians, and I'm a fairly safe driver.
It was raining... we were meeting Lizzy and Jackson at Sweet Frog, and it is always crowded in that parking lot. I'm easing around the shopping center strip and I stop to let someone back out. Jamie commented on some bumper stickers on a car to our right, and then said something about a gun association.. I was a little confused, while trying to process what she said, and read some bumper stickers and I thought oh! i'll just pass this car and find another spot to pull into. Right as I let my foot off the brake this innocent game renting college guy hits the hood with his free hand and spins to the right side of the car. He had this look of panic, then relieve, and a half smile because of his close to death experience didn't kill him. Jamie screamed, I screamed, and stopped breathing and then held out my free hand towards the guy in apology, fervently repeating "I AM SO SORRY!" Gosh we were freaked out. In my defense...my minimal defense that is, he was crossing the rode really close to my car instead of clearing it by at least 3 feet. Anyway! I was shaking and finally parked and couldn't breath and felt lower than a slug, and so Jamie and I ran through the rain to go find him in the Game stop store and apologized to his face. He really appreciated that, and was just fine... but I was so scared for him still. I told him to have a safe night and humbly scurried out of the store. I had to sit for a while and catch my breath! Poor guy! To this day I still get crap about identifying pedestrians and not terrorizing them. WHEW. That was bad. I guess its only comical because everything is ok now.
"Ivan Poisy" which means Poison Ivey
"Heidiferrous - Ferrous is a strange middle name." No kathryn, that's a play on adventurous. ha!"
"You look demented!" You mean deformed?
"I love that artist Katie Hertwig!" Ummm, Katie Herzig?
"Aren't all puppies quadruplets?"
There will be a follow up post. There will be necessary additions, I'm sure of it. :)
Peace out cub Scout.
1 comment:
i'm just really glad that i was there for so many of those moments.
Post a Comment