"We love because it's the only true adventure."

- Nikki Giovanni


Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Oh goldie

Hmmm, well today I  wanted to blog right? Well I have very little time to get into the wonderful thoughts and revelations the Lord has been showing me lately, so! Let's stick to Goldie.

Goldie is my 4runner. 2001, gold, 4 wheel drive BEAUTY!
She's a pro in the snow:) haha
And! she's super fun to off road with and do some extreme exploring!
She her right there lower left corner?
We were on an off roading adventure!

She has stuck with me through thick and thin.
Eliza drove her around for close to 2 years before I ever sat behind her wheel.
She's always been in good hands, but I do have to admit, my hands can be a little less reliable then my twins...
In the course of two years she has suffered through some trauma!

1) We were dodging the low hanging ice branches on Christmas holiday after a huge ice storm... and the branch whacked the antenna. It didn't completely break off at that point... it was wobbling for a good week until eliza went out to inspect it and broke it totally off! And she said "look what YOU did!" as she held it in her hands 10 feet away from me. ha! Well, the antenna is still in the back of the car, I need to find a welder.

2) The boys at Cherokee Cove got a little hyper active and jumped too excitedly on the base boards and broke one end off the left side. I'm sure that was painful for her!

3) Then! Another summer day, Hayden & Hunter and I had just woke up from a long lap and jumped into the car and...pillow in my lap... I was backing out of the parking lot in a hurry to avoid any unwanted boys from hitching a ride. Well! Poor Stu's jeep... Goldie knocked the back tail light out of the jeep. I kept the plastic piece for a while... before I confessed to Stu our "whoopsie!"  moment. Luckily, the Jeep has met his end  recently so it was just another Cherokee Cove battle wound for him. :)

4) Finally, I was hurriedly backing up again on afternoon and a nice friend of mine parked the four wheeler in my blind spot. I whipped Goldie around and BAM, we rocked back in forth for a while, the four wheeler shook around too. Then the only damage done though was the front plastic piece over my left front tire broke off. I thought I was able to snap it back on...  but driving down the driveway it flew off into the bushes. haha. Thankfully Stu found it a few months later so I can fix her back up!

Well, for now that is about all the major incidents with me and Goldie and driving. Other then running through a few stop lights and cutting it close  a few times. haha, but thats pretty normal.

The day is coming soon though when she's going to move onto a new family... I just can't afford how much gas she guzzles. Oh well! C'est La Vie!

Ta ta for now
(I'll let you know when I say my final farewell to her)

1 comment:

Jemma said...

Oh Goldie, I will miss you terribly!!!

Post a Comment