"We love because it's the only true adventure."

- Nikki Giovanni


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Leave your jacket behind, reach out and touch the treetops...

Last  week in honor of the October Harvest theme of big plump pumpkins everywhere, in art class John, Libby, Leslie and I painted pumpkins! I really wanted to carve them, but I wasn't in the mood for pumpkin guts. So we painted! woo! left to right: John with the bow tie face, Libby with the polka dots, I did some hand prints, and Leslie painted hers' as a big birthday card for her mom(so sweet!) Art class is going pretty well! Who says you have to have a college degree PAH!
This year, because we don't believe in celebrating Halloween, I took the kids to a costume partay! We had pre assigned character - John: Calvin, Houston: Hobbes, Luke: The pumpkin eater guy, Libby: The Queen of Hearts, and I was Wilma Flintstone. Although I look like a greek version of wilma, I didn't really have access to a white fur dress so a sheet had to do! haha. 
It's funny bc last year I chose myself to be Peebles. Last year I was way more into the orange hair deal the Flintstone ladies style. So i sprayed my hair with BRIGHT orange spray - that stuff is gross! it smells terrible! Gosh I found out that I get super grumpy when my hair stinks. I just can't handle it! plus that stuff stained the shower for a while. nasty!

In honor of Libby's most beloved gerbil Dottie i am posting a video of dottie one day getting her exercise. I often was not partial to the little rat pet of hers, but! she was soft...and she had a cute little squeak when Hunter would pick her up repeatedly.. she died last week... RIP little varmint :)

PS: John has the most......adorable! footy pajamas. you should see him ecstatically bounding around the house practicing his super ninja skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment