"We love because it's the only true adventure."

- Nikki Giovanni


Saturday, November 6, 2010

Hey There Eliza...

The cold weather has stirred something inside me, my song writing skills are emerging... 
This is inspired by Plain White T's "Hey There Delilah"
(It's helpful to sing the tune in your head while your mind is blown away my these fresh lyrics)


ODE TO ELIZA



Hey There Eliza 
what's it like in Johnson City?
 You're a hundred miles away but babe tonight you're oh so pretty 
do do dooo, 
you've got my face and my birth date, 
I swear it's truue



Hey there Eliza 
you be good and don't ya miss me, 
i'm your twin and i'm your friend, 
i'm always hereee, 
moo moo moo mooo



OOH it's weird when we're apaart,
is that your breath or did you farrrt, 
you've got a sweet sweet hearrt...



Hey There Eliza 
don't forget that I'm your wing man,
you'd always beat me when we'd burp,
work that up do, do do doo
do do doo

OOOH you're funny and you're cuuuute, 
you dance and rap and bake, 
she used to play the fluute,
 make no mistake

Hey There Eliza a ah la la la la la la la la la laaa
THE END"

2 comments:

Beth and Tanner said...

That is awesome. Tanner and I just sat on the couch trying to sing your lyrics to the tune of "Hey There Delilah." It wasn't pretty, but it made us laugh!

Anonymous said...

awww... I'm all emotional now...

Post a Comment