"We love because it's the only true adventure."

- Nikki Giovanni


Thursday, August 19, 2010

Enchantment

Rain rain rain, lots of rain. Its so wonderful for short seasons, you know, a day or two at a time. Its neat how God plans out the weather, the days of eternal sunshine and summer breezes. Then the days of fall wind and changing leaves; the days of frigid air and snow falling sideways. Of course then, there are days like today: rainy, foggy, damp. I throughly enjoyed! Cuddled up in my bed listening to the rain fall, snuggling in my sweat shirt, and finally heating up with delicious Thai food Stu cooked tonight.

I thought alot about it today, while trying to talk to God, praise and adore him continually. I thought about a lot of things today. For instance, driving back to CC from Boone, a chipmunk dashed in between my car and the truck in front of me while we where barreling down a hill at 50mph. Yup, I thought woah! nice job chippy! Good timing you didnt even get squished, you were running SO fast! Dude I wonder if I googled it I could find out how fast chipmunks can run! OMG, what the heck, I just spent a full minute pondering the maximum speed of a ground squirelle. Do I need help? Well, yes.

It was an enjoyable day, I thought about how, from now on, I'll be asking God about all the finicial desicions I have to make. What to purchase, which roadtrips to take, how much money to save. I wondered - Is it silly to converse with God in WalMart when a beautiful, shiny bottle of new mascara is just screaming at me to buy? Or do I buy a cup of coffee..or wait? What about a bagel? Nope! I concluded God wants to help me be a better me, and I get way stressed about money so why not ask Him to assist me?

Good, that habit is now formed. Plus I was reading in The Soul of Prayer page 15:
Mind Blowing Quote #2 -  "We do not simply spread our thought out before God, but we offer it to Him, turn it on Him, bring it to bear on Him, press it on Him.This is our great and first sacrifice, and it becomes pressure on God. We can offer God nothing so great and effective as our obediant acceptance of the mind and purpose and work of Chirst. It is not easy. It is harder than any idealism. But then it is very mighty. And it is a power that grows by excersieze At first it groan, at last it glides."

I read that this morning and it influenced me all day. I was driving behind a schoolbus coming through Bethel in the rain. I had Corinne Bailey Ray jammin in the CD player and I was belting out the tunes. I soon realized the kids on the bus where getting off and turning around to stare at me as I drove by... I quickly settled down, my craziness is becoming public. Then the thought occured to me, I'm pretty sure it is already a known fact that I'm weird, many friends say it to my face infact at ETSU. My sister and I frighted the Stephens children together this morning, Hey she's going to be a first grade teacher, and I'm going to be...something! And in those professions it's curcial to be silly, let the child inside loose. We agreed, you're a much happier, more enjoyable human if you except your weirdness and let it flow. haha. Well, Corinne and I sang this song called Enchantment,  and it was just so appropriate.

Today I was enchanted by the rain, by the fog, by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment