"We love because it's the only true adventure."

- Nikki Giovanni


Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Number Two

This is the 2nd post I'm dedicating to funny times in my life with Jesus.


Picture this: Its a Friday afternoon, sunny, windy, and there are 49 students needing to be transported into Christchurch for our fun scavenger hunt activity. NBD right? Until the van I'm driving the next three months - Gandalf - wont turn on. I prayed over him, tried again, prayed, patted the dashboard, spoke words of life - nadda. Nothing happened. So three vans drove over to help me - and our jumper cables couldn't connect, they were really old so nothing happened even when the other van reved up their engine etc. After about 30 mins we finally had to just reaarange everyone to a couple cars instead of a van.

Whew. Only an hour behind schedule...and no maps. But we found the mall, we caught up with the rest of the group and everything was fine and dandy.

Until...Kevin from Switzerland asked me, three hours after we had arrived and had been exploring the town, he asked me for the van keys. Of course, I couldn't find them. I refused to panic...for a split second all the terrible consequences of loosing a set of van keys flashed before my mind. The maintenance man, Juddy, would eat me for breakfast was the main one concerning me...

But i brushed that aside and asked around the stores I had been in for a set of keys. No luck. 2nd step was to retrace the path I had walked around the area, but it was raining and I only tramped 5 mins down the street and gave up. Thankfully I had this nawing feeling to go check the van, and if the keys weren't around them somewhere I could then have legitimate reason to flip out and run away:)

I walked through the rain up to the vans and there they were! Chillin in the door, just haning wide out in the open for anyone to snatch and drive away! I just busted up laughing - and started breathing again. Oh my goodness I had about 5 major heart attacks that whole time and finally I was safe - so many things could've gone wrong. Thankfully! The Lord knows me well, He has lovely angels watching out for me and I'm pretty sure there was an invisibility forcefeild around my van protecting it from car theives. PTL!

I got back and the whole group just busted up laughing and Nicki gave me a giant hug and said "The Lord has so much grace and humor for you right now!" ahahaha. Then she and I went and got lollies(candy) and a coke. And then the coke I bought had my name on the tag so it was even better. It said "Share a Coke with Ruby" woohoo

HA God definietly laughs with me heaps. So thankful He's got my back!

No comments:

Post a Comment