Hey there.
So the past couple weeks I've been thinking a lot about God, and Humor, and how He created it. I decided that I should record humorous situations, or at least recall some from my past in light of how God might have seen the humor in what was happening. Not in a condescending evil laugh kind of way, but a chuckling along side of me, especially now that I dont take myself too seriously and I find past circumstances quite hilarious!(and I think He giggles with me)
One that came to mind immediately, for some reason, was the story of Glenn.
Maybe it was my 13 yr old naivety, absent mindedness, or overall constant inner nervousness/insecurity that was clouding my brain that Wednesday evening at the boat dock... regardless, I thought Glenn was a girl's name...
My mom brought Eliza and I to the boat dock for a free sail time one evening in Beaufort, NC. She had driven us down to this coastal town to participate in two weeks of sailing camp. Oh my, it was quite the two weeks. A lot of arguing and crying and being irritated happened because our Mom was stubborn, we did not want to be with a bunch of kids we didnt know, and we were emotional and awkward teenagers. So this particular night she was determined we were going to practice sailing whether we wanted to or not! haha
That brings me to where Glenn enters the picture.
Our instructor was at the dock that night and she asked me if I wanted to volunteer to go on a two person sailboat, even though I only knew how to navigate a one man boat. She said "Glenn" would be coming and needed a partner. And that's when I nodded "yea,sure" thinking "Glenn is such a cool girl's name, I've never heard that one before!"
Then, inside of me I died...and I'm pretty sure I turned bright red because there was Glenn, walking down the gang plank...tall, beautiful brown eyes, tousled sandy brown hair, a smile stuck in the side of his mouth. AH!!! no no no no no! She's a HE! crap. and then i shut down and couldn't speak full sentences or find a way to stop myself from blushing. Terrible, terrible feeling. And so I had to pop into his boat, hold his rope for the sail and did some steering. Didn't peep. Couldn't talk, really. HA. And then this other boat with some other cuties sailed up to us and threw sea weed on us! I was so grossed out, but! I was thrown a chunk of sea weed from Glenn and told to swing the boat around and chase the other boat a throw the sea weed on them. Which i failed, my aim was very very inhibited by my self consciousness.
I can only imagine God chuckling, and trying to tell me, hun, calm down, you're not gonna marry the kid or have to hug him, or anything crazy like that! Just talk and be chill. hahhaha
When I got in the car that night my sister and mom were rather relentless in there teasing me about sailing with him and how we were so cute together. haha i was SO mad at them and sooo embaressed!
Idk if that's even really funny, but to me it is humorous because of course i would think a dudes name is a girly name and then get awkward to the max when it turned out to be a very cute 15 year old! Ah! haha
Anyway, I think I'm going to make it a theme, a humorous theme for my blog for a while. I feel like telling y'all all the funny things I get me and God into. :)
1 comment:
Haha! That's hilarious!
Post a Comment