"We love because it's the only true adventure."

- Nikki Giovanni


Saturday, February 25, 2012

Meet the Energys

Haha so! I'm bored this morning and thought I give a little tribute to my outreach team. I dubbed us the Engerys because of a very interactive dream Nate had the first night of outreach. He ended up jumping on Chris's bed in the middle of the night, landing on him spider man style saying "The snake of energy went inside of me!!" Apparently he was fast asleep during the whole event and Chris calmed him down and Kent commanded them to go back to bed. haha. After hearing that story the next morning, I felt like outreach was going to be quite entertaining and eventful if that was how the very first night panned out! Well, since then we referred to Nate as the Snake of energy! From that we all received animals of energy within the first few weeks.

Would you like to meet them? I thought so! :)

The Snake of energy: Nate, Nathaniel, Isaiah, Duncan...
I dont like snakes at all so I'm not going to post a picture of one - so use your imagination!

Also, I think snake fits him in the sense that Proverbs tells us to be innocent as doves and wise as serpents. Nate is becoming a very wise man as he grows closer to Jesus. So cool!

Manatee of Energy: Kent, Robert, Kent face, leader



So I think manatee ended up fitting Kent well because, well they are rare and they make impressions on people easily, hard to forget ya know? haha. Well, Kent can easily connect with people and all over Morocco we watched him make lasting impressions on people's lives in Jesus' name.

Shark of Energy: Amy, Aims, (Bunions) (Ice cream!!)



Amy is not viscous or anything...she just told us a very believable story of how she was attacked by a shark off the coast of NC as a child. False! and since that joke she was dubbed Shark...but for me she fits that in the spiritual sense because she is strong and fights in prayer - she is very powerful spiritually, she and Jesus     are a strong team! love it!

Hamster of Energy: Chris, Chris-ta-flo, Brother Pablo(Rodriguez Sanchez Flores)



Honestly I'm not sure how Hamster got picked for Chris ta flo, but Kent said it and it stuck! haha. But in my opinion it fits because as we all know Hamsters are lovable and everyone likes them. Same with Chris, and he will touch many peoples lives with his generous and caring, pastoral spirit.

Panda of Energy: Me! Ruby, Rubes, Rubatron, Rubster




Thats me! Personally i love Kung Fu Panda the movie and so gladly received the cuddly cute bear as my animal.I can be like Po and defend myself - Hi-Ya! haha or give you a hug whenever you need one. :)


Pigeon of Energy: Abby, Abster, Abs


That's Betsy the Pigeon from Agadir
Abby does a really good Pigeon dance too. She fits Pigeon because shes curious and peppy like those birds and will figure things out for herself to own truths from Jesus and she's very social and will welcome in anyone under her "wings" and love on them. Lovely!


So our little family, the Energys had a very good, challenging, full of laughter out reach together! It turns out all these diverse animals can live in harmony. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment