Dear Blog
I liked who I was in India. I like who i am…but lots of things were different for me in India. India made me hold my tounge more, take my woes to Jesus or the journal, and made me realize God's supernatural energy that He bestows on first time rookies. :) I was consistently assertive. I was bold, and secure to the core about who I belonged to. Coming back to the Western culture threw me back some unfortunate old habits. It's time to not shrink back any more...
Also, India brought out many things that aren't required for thriving in a Western Nation. Asia culture is just crazy. It's dangerous, disrespectful to women, and unorganized. It's colorful in more than the physical aspect!
For me I learned to be self sacrificial… but I didn't do it in a healthy, sustainable way. I laid down my rights, comforts, and desires to put the safety and well being of the team first…but I neglected to give myself the proper time to sit a receive God's goodness and love for me. The same way I was covering the team spiritually, and poured forth encouragments and love over them…which slowly dwindled as time went on and I didn't take care of myself well enough… God has since shared with me that He wants to pour out over me doubly what I poured out…but it's all about the time, people. Time with God Himself. Vital.
I learnt that if He told me to worship and pray before going to bed even though everyone else was asleep that I should do it, otherwise I'd get woken up later and in the dark darkness of the dead of night it would be scarier than it had to be. I was always protected, but when God prompts you, do it then because it will always be easier the first time.
I had to be direct, short, firm, and aggressive at times. Gods angels where definitely backing me up though, because some of those Indian men would never have seen a 5'5'' white woman and listened as well and retreated so promptly, under normal circumstances. I know it was the two fighter angels at both my shoulders that reinforced the words I spoke with authority:) THank you Jesus!
Now i'm processing. SO the posts for a while will be stories, memories, feelings, and photos of India, God's colorful land.
No comments:
Post a Comment