"We love because it's the only true adventure."

- Nikki Giovanni


Monday, August 27, 2012

Thumbs up

This morning I slipped down further under the covers, cuddled into my pillows and said to myself: "If I go back to sleep time will stand still and I will be fine. The world will be well and I can spend undetermined amounts of time with everyone I love. Mmkay good. Zzzzzz"

When I woke from my dozing I noticed it was still brighter outside and the coffee brewing aroma was wafting in the window. "Oh my," I thought " real life time, real time... and this cozy room of mine will be vacant in three days. Yes, and this is what I planned."

Frequently over the past few days I've had moments of gut twisting panic. Not really a terrorized panic, but a "Holy, I'm going to be in New Zealand for a long time. A long time. I am going to be entering into a whole nother world. I am going to be a responsible adult. I am going to be someone some other ones look up to. Oh my."

And Jesus says: "Yep. It's going to be grand. YEA! Here, take my hand mydear, lean on my shoulder and just smile."
He says: "I like your style. The way you have chosen to trust me and live in the present. You are doing a lovely job of loving on the family and friends that are important to your heart. I like how you're letting the next season ahead of you not daunt you and compromise your peaceful heart."
(It wasn't always that way, this summer He and I had to have conversations about not freaking out, so that peaceful heart statement has been a long time comin'.)
Also He told me: "You are going to experience me in a deep way. Just remain surrendered and dont let your mind, your logic interfere. I wanna show you an amazingly lovely, deep part of me. I told you that you are like a dazzling jewel, catching glimmers of light and glittering to the world because of you are meant to be multi-dimensional. But you only become that way because I am that way first. Come, take my hand and let me show you the secret chambers in my heart."
Doesn't that sound like the most tender, romantic invitation EVER?! I think so. I'm inclined to accept. So! Here we go! Me and Jesus, hand and hand, together.

And God is saying - you go little lady, go and experience Me and My Son. You got my thumbs up!:)
This would be me, at 11.

Thanks Pops!

No comments:

Post a Comment