Hello there Momma,
I'm at the beach! We're a little North of Beaufort, where we lived summer 2004. The waves look prime time for sailing, and we saw a family of dolphins the other day, just like the ones we'd see together off the dock of our little cottage. I'm thankful for that summer. We had lots of adventures.
Guess what? Jesus is taking me on epic adventures these days! He knew you instilled something inside of me and when I talk to Him He's always nudging me to dream bigger and venture further into the exciting unknown. Through your legacy I believe I received your open curiosity, your love for discovering as well as your determination. Dad says I'm a lot like him, but I really feel like I have your endearing stubbornness. Stubbornness endearing? Yea, yours' got us traveling all over the state, and our nation, and it enriched our childhood. Eliza has your love for teaching and sharing with children. Mrs. Meyers even gave us your old lesson plans that she kept from your college class she taught! Your hand writing is lovely. You were so creative and such a go-getter. It's neat to learn things about you know, and evaluate them on an adult level. I feel like we were becoming friends, even at my young age. I don't remember you drinking wine, but I'm having a bit now and I'd pour you a glass so we could sit and talk and pretend to be wine critics! That's always fun:)
I understood tonight, though, after sitting in the sand and soaking in the wind and the waves and the nearness of God, that in the grand scheme of things, loosing you at 13 doesn't even matter. Spiritually speaking, my concept of reality and family and God will be splintered once my spirit is released to be with God. My inheritance for eternity is with Jesus and in heaven and everything I know now will no longer matter.
I love you. Yes, I miss you presences a lot these days, making grown up decisions and all. However at the end of my talk time with you and Jesus tonight I realized, above all Pops (God) is always, always with me and he's the lover of my soul.
Love,
Your Creative Kathryn

1 comment:
thanks for making me cry...ily <3
Post a Comment