Alright. Its Saturday afternoon and I'm the only person in the Main House Lounge... this is a first! Its nice to have nothing to do except nap in a hammock, and no one around for a few hours because then i can...blog! :)
Well, Thanksgiving was 2 days ago. Didnt feel like Thanksgiving though since it was warm outside and I was surround by europeans and canadians and Kiwis who don't celebrate when the Pilgrams and Indians feasted peacefully together giving thanks many many years ago. We had curry fish soup for dinner and at that point I decided I would bring a little home life to the little YWAM picnic table. Typically my family on my Dad's side would all gather for a large meal at my Grandpa's house. Everytime someone would say "Now everyone hold hands and tell us what you're thankful for!" So, looking cute in all our flannel and smelling the fresh venison and turkey out of the oven we would all say something about how we love family, friends and food. :) Yeah!
I didn't make everyone at the picnic table stand up and hold hands, but! We did go around and say what we're thankful for. A few of my favorites: Apples and Peanut Butter, Germany, and Martin was thankful for being the only boy at a table full of girls. hahaha! It was lovely though, and then we had ice cream.
Goodness, there are so many things I'm thankful for. There are so many stories I could write about. There are so many thoughts and deeper understandings about God that I can't wait to share! But I will pick one today and then you should go to facebook and look at my two new picture albums to see ME and New Zealand:)
Well, yesterday we had a huge long day of prayer and intercession and confession and thanksgiving and encourgament with Mark Parker our speaker of the week. It started at 9am and we didn't leave each others company until 2 am this morning. CRAZINESS! The whole day has many stories, but at the end of the day, after laying down sin, giving God our dreams to be used by Him alone, and baptisisms!! (love them!) We were praying and encourgaing one another. After an hour or so we were anointed with oil and prayed for and encouraged to worship God and ask Him what He had for our lives. Oh! I just feel over and started laughing joyfully with Jesus! He showed me I would get to hold babies! I was holding little African babies, South American babies, South Pacific babies, European and Asian babies! Oh it was a beautiful thing! Well, I continued to pray and we had communion afterwards and worshipped more. All I know is that I am very thankful the Lord is revealing to me more of my calling and passions and I can't wait to see how He'll lead me on an adventure to get there! woo!
Alrighty, have a lovely holiday weekend - eat some more pumpkin pie for me since we don't have any here and stay warm and cozy!
1 comment:
Thanks for you blog updates, Kathryn! I love reading them. Dude, I can't wait 'till you come back and we get to hear all about your adventures in person! <3
Post a Comment