"We love because it's the only true adventure."

- Nikki Giovanni


Thursday, October 27, 2011

MOROCCO!

Our backpacking school has just decided all the destinations for outreach and finalized the teams of leaders and students going to each location. The locations include: Thailand, Morocco, India, New Zealand, and Laos.

After much time of prayer personally, talking to my family, as well as prayer and deliberations among the school leaders I have chosen, and been selected for an outreach team  that will not be staying in New Zealand!
For two months starting December 20 I will be backpacking in MOROCCO!


Woohoo!

I know this will come as a shock so let me explain.

In preparing for this YWAM adventure the information available concerning outreach phase was vague as to destinations. We are going in the backpacker ministry spirit of meeting backpackers in Morocco as well as figuring out where YWAM bases are located in Morocco and working with long term missionaries contacts already settled in the towns and cities. I decided at the beginning of the outreach location presentation from the leaders last week, that I would be open and told God that my heart would be sensitive to anything the spirit was telling me. So as they went through each country my heart was met with peace in considering the country of Morocco. Nothing came up against any of the other countries, but for Morocco I felt God saying "Hey, yea Kathryn.... Put that one down as your first choice and let me lead you on a faith adventure." So warily I prayed more and nothing but confirmation met me. Once my choice was turned in I spoke with my family and no opposition or unrest met them either. The Lord has this outreach totally in his hands and I am thrilled to be traveling to Africa in a matter of weeks!

Everyone on my team is actually from the US! There are three of us girls and three guys. . We will be meeting weekly as a team and we have already begun to pray about the Lord's vision for this team. We will have the flexibility to map out which towns and cities we want to travel to and how long we feel the Lord wants us to stay in each location. This will be quite the Holy Spirit led adventure!

I would love prayer for our team to begin to unite and connect with the Lord's vision for our outreach. We will begin learning a lot about the Moroccan culture, religion, food, climate etc. Thank you for all your prayers and support while I was planning to stay in New Zealand for the whole 5 months, and now I especially ask for your prayers as we prepare and venture to Morocco with the Gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment