Well folks, there are 5 full days in my life, in the states, for the remainder of this interesting year of 2011.
There are a lot of things running through my head. For instance, will I see everyone I want to see and spend time with those I really need to get together with? That one is easily remedied. Then there's the thought of leaving family and missing the Holidays with them. That one is sad. Also I think about my return and the events to unfold in 2012. I will let those things just come though because there's no to stress.
Thinking in terms of the YWAM experience though? Well, I'm not that nervous. I dont especially like flying alone... but c'est la vie! I'll just make friends and sleep. I'm not fretting about the finances either. I now have $1100 left to raise so I'm encouraged by that! The Lord provides to His children doing His will, thank you Jesus for that! I don't really know what to expect about the base in Oxford, or the leaders, or the lectures. I think it's better to go into it with a few expectations as possible.
These are my goals for this adventure!
-Defining my-self. Valuing myself my feelings, my likes and dislikes and coming into myself.
-Completely having my identity in Christ. My fulfillment, my purpose and my goals being eternally centered and my security in Jesus my savior.
-Healing. I need to complete the processing of the traumatic life situations of the past 7 years. I realize I need to sort through Mom's sickness, her death, my relationship with her then and now, as well as my current family situation and the events that occurred after December 26th, 2004.
One of my favorite quotes is
" The happiest people in the world are those who do the most for others."
Booker T. Washington
I hope to become someone who lives her life serving others in Jesus' name.
This morning I was encouraged by a word from Oswald Chamber:
"The goal of the missionary is to do God's will, not to be
useful or to win the lost. A missionary *is* useful and *does*
win the lost, but that is not his goal. His goal is to do the will
of his Lord."
My goal is to go and do the Lord's will and I believe deep down He wants me to achieve the
goals I wrote above and find myself IN HIM. wooooooo!!!!! I'm so EXCITED!!!!
Love love love!
No comments:
Post a Comment