"We love because it's the only true adventure."

- Nikki Giovanni


Friday, December 10, 2010

Phasing Out

The NANNY DIARIES installment number two:

This was the last full day of babysitting...

I am so thankful to have a room to myself tonight, all the girls are upstairs and the boys are across the hall.

The most stressful part was the snow element..and the ice. The driveway has given me about 187thousand heart attacks this week...i have developed the skill of pretending to be calm, to ignore the fact that the car is slipping close to the cliff-side of the driveway, and to stifle the gasps, screams, exclamations and really I just worked on my straight, poker face. 

I know I want kids...but not for a long while.

John drove me on the four wheeler to the mailbox today. Eight miles total, and yes I have embraced how red neck that just sounded. He is a good driver, my little 13 yr old chaufer...at one point since the roads are switch backs and sharp curves and the driveway gets very little sun he said "HAHA Woahh! I was completely out of control! haha Awesome!" to which I said " Sweet! haha!" oh wait... "and we're laughing!" I didn't know if I should be laughing.. but! it was fun..i won't lie.

John also pulled me up the driveway from the Conference center as I held onto a rope attached the the four wheeler. EPIC! I do have two bruised, narly knees to show for it...and a ripped pair of board pants. I was glad the roar from the engine smothered the sounds of my involuntary shouts/screams. It def was an adrenaline rush keeping my board from catching icy edges or plowing into deep drifts. Once though I hit a random spot of pavement right as I rounded the turn (to which I rode through excellently! haha) and did my second face plant, this time slamming my knees too and i literally thought I was going to throw up. The frozen left over BBQ Sam and Stu had left me to reheat for the kids had turned out to be more like BBQ soup bc of all the sauce and...well it wasn't really settling well. ANYWAY that was awesome... it was a first for me...I really wanna try wake boarding now

Libby and John were practicing their Proverbs 3 verse they have to memorize. It talks about finding, and seeking wisdom to which supplied a quote of the day: "In my head I had a safari man hacking around in the jungle and he found a big hairy wisdom!" -John

I have a big long list of activities I wish to accomplish this Christmas break! First I must call Jamie, she's finally back from Brazil! Then I have a ice skating outing to arrange, a Nashville road trip to execute, an Elf movie showing to Rachel Barry since she has been deprived her whole life and has never seen this classic! Then I must go caroling! and theres a church Christmas party and la la la this is boring to write about... however Eliza and I will be going to Spring Canyon, Colorado over New years and I can't wait to board out West!

this nanny phase is phasing out... i am sure I will be reflecting on this period of time in the future...for now though i am looking forward to having a few less responsibilities, as immature as that sounds, and throughly enjoying the company of my Boone friends!

Baby, it's Cold outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment